Saturday, February 21, 2009

Holds Process Spoofs on YouTube

I have an idea for a link on the your Hold request was successful page of our website. I want to educate the patrons on the entire holds process, and I want to use some of the cool toys we have. During our recent All Circ Staff Meeting I told my fellow coworkers about the serious ideas and then we went a little crazy and came up with some fun silly ideas.

I was telling Tony about my idea and the silly ones and he said it might be fun to actually do the funny ones and put them on YouTube.

I am hoping for some help here, so I sent an email to the circ staff, but I am now opening it up to all who read this blog (all none of you!!)

These are some of the ideas we talked about.

Spoof Holds:

Runner at computer station waiting for requests to come in. Sprinting to shelves and putting books on Holds Pickup shelves... Picture either serious runner or Pauly Bleeker (Juno) type guy.

Fleet of runners at the ready, announcement comes in, many run off to retrieve books...

Library worker at bus stop with big armload of books moving them from MDE to Main for holds...

Car with flashing lights and siren -- says "Library Holds" on side of car...

Feel free to run (ha) with these... Use these ideas or come up with your own. Have fun!!

No comments: